This qualification reflects the role of individuals coordinating and maintaining the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. The qualification applies to supervisors and managers who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
Diploma of Work Health & Safety
Diploma of Work Health & Safety
Units of Competency
Course Entry Requirements
There are formally prescribed course entry requirements for this qualification. Candidates wishing to undertake the training must hold the following qualifications:
All BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
Learners studying this qualification must also have sound communication skills and can demonstrate they have the skill level and competency to undertake this training. Learners must have access to a computer or tablet throughout the duration of this course and a stable internet connection to access our learning management system. Other software requirements include:
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Microsoft Teams
- Microphone, smartphone or tablet to record audio
Duration and Structure
The course duration is 12 months and self-paced, with access to our online Learning Management System. You will be assigned a trainer/assessor who will assist throughout your course completion.
Assessment methods include:
- Short answer questions/written responses
- Written assessments
- Third-party reports
- Practical activity/projects
Potential job roles on completion of this program include:
- Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Work Health and Safety Supervisor
- Work Health and Safety Auditor
- Site Safety Supervisor (Construction)
- Site Safety Supervisor (Warehousing)
- Site Safety Supervisor (Transport and Logistics)
- Site Safety Supervisor (Projects)
Payment plan and instalment options are available. Please enquire about these options when contacting us if applicable.
Do you qualify for RPL?
BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS512 Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
Why Choose Westbourne?
Westbourne is one of Australia’s leading training providers for individuals, businesses, community groups and Government with a record of success in designing and delivering nationally recognised training qualifications.
Westbourne College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #41084).