This is a qualification for security risk consultants who provide specialist advice on strategies to mitigate risk to people, property and assets including crowded places, as defined by Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism (2017).
Security risk consultants operating at this level work with a high level of autonomy to assess the current threat environment, assess risk management options, and prepare and implement security risk management plans and communication systems to respond to active threats.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Coordinate security operations
- Assess security risk management options
- Manage quality customer service
- Manage people performance
- Manage personal work priorities
- Plan professional development and ensure team effectiveness
After achieving the CPP50619 Diploma of Security Risk Management, candidates may undertake a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
- 1 – 2 years (minimum 1200 hours of study)
Applicants must have completed CPP40707 Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management, or CPP40719 Certificate IV in Security Management, or CPP41519 Certificate IV in Security Risk Analysis.
In order to participate in our online courses, students must:
- Hold a current Security Offers licensing in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment.
- Regular Access to a computer device with a stable internet connection
- Microsoft Office with word processing programs and spreadsheets.
- A PDF viewer
Westbourne is one of Australia’s leading training providers for individuals, businesses, community groups and Government with a record of success in designing and delivering nationally recognised training qualifications.
Westbourne College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #41084).
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to undertake jobs roles such as:
- Security risk specialist
- Security consultant
- Security policy analyst
- Security strategist
Legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply in some states and territories to the provision of advice on security solutions, strategies, protocols and procedures.
*Course Fee is a monthly direct debit and is equivalent to the overall course cost of $3600.00 + platform fee on a 12 month payment plan.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Do you qualify for RPL?
Want to Learn More?
If you are wanting to learn more about taking the next step with Westbourne College, complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in contact with:
- A Detailed Course Overview
- Payment Options
- Enrolment Details
- Learning Requirements
Complete the form below and a team member will be in contact to discuss further.