This qualification brings broad value to those working in or seeking to work in Work Health and Safety (WHS) specialised roles. Its value applies across various industries, including services, security, and trades.
Learners will build on existing broad WHS skills and knowledge and have the ability to apply this across WHS contexts.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of WHS management systems
- Manage risks and investigate incidents
- Develop and use WHS risk management tools
- Lead and manage organisational change
After achieving BSB51319 Diploma of Work, Health & Safety, candidates may undertake a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
- 1 - 2 years (minimum 1200 hours of study)
Participants must have completed all BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
In order to participate in our online courses, students must:
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment
- Regular Access to a computer device with a stable internet connection
- Microsoft Office with word processing programs and spreadsheets
- A PDF viewer
Westbourne is one of Australia’s leading training providers for individuals, businesses, community groups and Government with a record of success in designing and delivering nationally recognised training qualifications.
Westbourne College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #41084).
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to undertake jobs roles such as:
- Workplace Safety Manager
- Workplace Safety Practitioner
- Senior Workplace Safety Officer
- Mining Safety Officer/supervisor
- Construction Safety
*Course Fee is a monthly direct debit and is equivalent to the overall course cost of $3600.00 + platform fee on a 12 month payment plan.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Do you qualify for RPL?
Want to Learn More?
If you are wanting to learn more about taking the next step with Westbourne College, complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in contact with:
- A Detailed Course Overview
- Payment Options
- Enrolment Details
- Learning Requirements
Complete the form below and a team member will be in contact to discuss further.