BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Work Health & Safety
This qualification reflects the role of individuals coordinating and maintaining the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. The qualification applies to supervisors and managers who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
What You Will Learn & Future Pathways
This qualification brings broad value to those working in or seeking to work in Work Health and Safety (WHS) specialised roles. Its value applies across various industries, including services, security, and trades.
Learners will build on existing broad WHS skills and knowledge and have the ability to apply this across WHS contexts.
- All learning resources and access to our learning management system included, no additional costs.
- Payment plan and instalment options are available. Please enquire about these options when contacting us if applicable.
Monthly installments of $300.00 for 12 months. Processing fee applies.
BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS512 Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
Westbourne is one of Australia’s leading training providers for individuals, businesses, community groups and Government with a record of success in designing and delivering nationally recognised training qualifications.
Westbourne College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #41084).
Participants must have completed all BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
In order to participate in our online courses, students must:
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment
- Regular Access to a computer device with a stable internet connection
- Microsoft Office with word processing programs and spreadsheets
- A PDF viewer
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to undertake jobs roles such as:
- Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner
Recognition of Prior Learning
Do you qualify for RPL?
Complete the form below and a team member will be in contact to discuss further.
Want to Learn More?
If you are wanting to learn more about taking the next step with Westbourne College, complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in contact with:
- A Detailed Course Overview
- Payment Options
- Enrolment Details
- Learning Requirements